Many FieldScope projects are open to participation from across North America and even internationally. Topics that projects are investigating include water quality, plant life cycle phenology, night sky pollution, and more. FieldScope projects that are open to the public are listed on the FieldScope website here and include:
- Chesapeake Water Quality
- Great Lakes Water Quality
- Great Smoky Mountains
- River Watch of Colorado
- Trash Free Potomac (Maryland, Virginia, Washington DC area)
- Hawaii Indigenous Mapping
- Sharks of California
- Loko Ea Fish Pond Restoration (Hawaii)
- Yukon River Watershed (Alaska, Yukon, and British Colombia)
- #WeAreCoastal (east coast Canada, northeastern United States)
Looking to start your own FieldScope project? Projects can be large scale and open to participation across wide geographies and also micro scale and include participation in a small region or area. Find out more about launching a project.
Please note: Not all FieldScope projects are open to public participation from any location. Please check out individual projects to learn more about how to participate.