A note on permission to edit observation and station data: Permission to edit information about station locations or observations submitted at those stations is only granted to members of a project with certain roles. This includes:
- The member in a project who contributed the data
- Anyone set as a manager of a project
- Anyone set as a manager in a group within a project
- For example, FrogWatch USA chapter coordinators who are assigned as managers of their chapter groups can edit and make corrections to data submitted by participants who are registered as a member of their chapters.
If you entered your data incorrectly or need to change something about the data you have entered to a project, there is a simple way to pull up the data points you have contributed and edit them.
1. Click on the Data tool in the platform.
- You will see a data table that includes a My Observations tab.
2. Highlight the data entry you want to edit in this tab.
- A data summary card will pull up to the right of the data table (see screenshot below).
3. Click Edit at the top of the data preview card to open edit mode.
In edit mode, you can update your data or delete data (including media) if you added it in in error and it needs to be removed from the project.
If you need to edit information about the location where you collected data, click Edit station to change the station location details (see red circle highlight that option at right).
If you need to completely delete an observation, click on Review in the data summary card associated with with that observation.
A popup box will appear. Leave a note explaining why the observation should be deleted and click on Submit. This will flag the observation for the project manager's review.
Alert: Once your observation is removed by the project manager, all data associated with that contribution will be permanently removed from the database. If you only need to change a few fields, edit your observation instead.
Please sign in to leave a comment.