In addition to visualizing data in customizable data displays, FieldScope users are able to view and work with data in tables in multiple ways. To quickly access a table of a project's data set, select Data in the main project home screen.
The platform will default to showing you data in a map. Use the toggle key to switch over to the table view.
The image below includes labels for different parts of the basic table.
- You can toggle between different data sets of observations: My Observations, Recent Observations, and All Observations. If you are logged in to a project, the view will default to My Observations.
- Use the Download data option to download the table into an Excel or CSV file.
- Use this switch to toggle back and forth between table and map views.
- Check the upper-right corner of the table to see the total number of observations in the data set you are viewing.
- Use the scroll bar to view all data points in each observation.
- If the data set you are viewing has multiple tabs of data, use the arrows to toggle between them.
If you would like to see data in a particular order, you can sort a column in an ascending or descending order.
|If you see an exclamation point within a triangle under the Status column, this means that observation is under review by the project organizer.||
Click on any individual observation to see a data summary card of that particular observation, including its placement on the map and any associated media that have been uploaded by the participant who collected the data. When viewing data you have contributed, this is where you can also access an Edit button to edit your observation, if need be. See more on editing data here.
In the visualization section of the tool, you can create custom views of the table by filtering the data and reorganizing your tables columns. To do this, select the Visualizations tab and click on Create New.
For any filter set, select the "Edit this filter set" icon. To learn more about filter sets, see the Creating Filter Sets article.
In edit mode, you can then select Columns to see all of the data fields from each individual column of the data table.
From there, you can both (1) select and unselect which fields you would like to display in your table and (2) move the order of the columns in the table from left to right by dragging and dropping them. The animation below demonstrates this.
Once you click Save, you will be taken back to the map view, where you can select the "table" icon in the upper-right corner to see columns of only the data fields you selected, in the order you selected.